[Oberon] NO 'tuning'

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Tue Oct 18 03:25:53 CEST 2005

Peter E. wrote:
> Others who use the TUI must have found this long ago.
> In case anyone else did not, the command invoked with
> (mouse middle)+(mouse right interclick) is determined
> by MODULE TextFrames; ... CONST ... OpenCmd = ... .

OK:
1. edit:	OpenCmd = "Edit.Open";  =>  OpenCmd = "ET.Open";
2. Store existing TextFrames.Obj   => TextFrames.Obj4ET [just in case]
3. select [SrcModls:]TextFrames.Mod start  & Compiler.Compile @
4. re-boot.

It looks OK.
Perhaps ET is 'better' then Edit.
Does anybody use PET - which is not part of standard installation ?
---------------

As previously noted: making backups, which hopefully can be used
in case of a mishap, is inferior to: making new copies whch are then
used, whereas the previous copies were being tested/confirmed
up until their last usage.

Because of 'rounding errors, for differnt CHS geometry', I'm guessing
that Partitions.UpdateBootFile  & Partitions.PartitionToFile, would
have problems for moving a partiton to another IDE, both nominally
of the same size.  I don't want to test it now !

Therefore every time a copy is  made, it should be to a bigger
destination.  Which is OK because partitons grow with time.
Except, it is likely that most of the partitions have already been
created - committing the sizes.

One problem with copying the files [rather tedious] is that the
'date stamp' is overwritten, which loses the nice SmartDir.Directory
[search by age] facility.

== Chris Glur.