[Oberon] Problems with networking WinAOS (again).

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 07:05:14 CET 2005

--- Dan Parnete <dan.parnete at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Alex Popescu has solved the BBw W2K TCP problem. You
> can find the patch on:
>     ftp://81.208.36.220
>     user: public
>     pass: user
>
> Regards,
> Dan Parnete

Thanks!  I'll check it out.  Meanwhile I figured
out what was causing WinAos to crash under WinXP
when trying to access DynamicWebPagePlugins.  I still
don't know WHY this happens, but I did manage to
fix it.

Note, the trap I debug info I posted before was
incomplete.  I needed to turn off "ignore exeptions".
When I did that I got MUCH better info.

access violation

Utilities.Length  PC = 2858
	len = 0
	string = "1.0.0.127"
HTTPSession.NewSessionId  PC = 3006
	header = 2130706433
	sessionId = ""
	i = 0
	buffer1 = 02064438H ëë|. D
	buffer2 = 02068478H ù.`ö
	context = 00H
	digest = ""
	date = 0
	time = 0
HTTPSession.GetSession  PC = 2484
	request = 0205FCB0H HTTPSupport.HTTPRequest
	var = 00H (HTTPSupport.HTTPVariable)
	id = ""
	sess = 00H (HTTPSession.Session)
DynamicWebpagePlugin.DynamicWebpagePlugin.Handle  PC =
1090
	host = 0D34010H WebHTTPServer.Host
	requestHeader = 2130706433
	reply = 1
	in = 0195A150H AosIO.Reader
	out = 0195A450H AosIO.Writer
	@Self = 01EE1D90H
DynamicWebpagePlugin.DynamicWebpagePlugin
	chunker = 02063FF0H WebHTTP.ChunkedOutStream
	w = 0195A450H AosIO.Writer
	f = 020625B0H AosWinFS.File
	backupUri = "/index.dxp"
	request = 0205FCB0H HTTPSupport.HTTPRequest
	session = 00H

So it was crashing when trying to do a simple
Utilities.Length in the HTTPSession.NewSessionId.
I made the following fix.

Changed:
		NEW(buffer1,16384);
		NEW(buffer2,16384);

		NEW(buffer1,4096);
		NEW(buffer2,4096);

I've seen a similiar error with similair for
RX when run out of the box on Windows platforms.
I used a similair patch to fix RX.

Oh, you asked me earlier what other modules I'd
like to see included in BBw.  Well for start
DynamicWebPagePlugins.  I'm very interested
in this (at the moment).  I'm sure I'll think
of other things though. :)  Good work and thanks!

Regards,

John M. Drake

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs