[Oberon] Re.How can Oberon and Bluebottle attract new people?!?!?!

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun Nov 13 07:24:59 CET 2005

SAGE wrote:-
> I have subscribed to Oberon mailing list in Digest mode.
> And now I have 2 problems:
> 1. I can't change mailing list in mode (Web form don't works properly);
> 2. I can only read Digests!!! Why any of my submissions don't present in
>  Digest???

I remember that the mailing list archive uses 'htpps' format ?
Extra 'security', which can't be accessed by N-O's facilities ?!
Best always use the lowest viable technology.
Resist the bleeding edge ?

> I've send the same question to owner of mailing list...

This mailing list seems to mostly serve beta-testing of Aos/BB.
Perhaps you will get better 'general oberon' answers from:
 NewsGroup: comp.lang.oberon   ?

> Main question: subject
> Now i'm Delphi programmer. Oberon very attractive for me! But where i
> can talk about?
> People around jokes: "Hi! How about to solve task #### on YOUR Oberon?"

Yes, if you 'come from' Pascal, Delphi then Oberon is comfortable.
After looking around and enquiring about methods to examine/fix
the partition table [hdx26], I find the easiest is to extend the existing
clean/well-written source of Partitions.Mod

IMO ETHZ-oberon is much more the the oberon language - the
'guiding philosophy' has given a special OS.

== Chris Glur.