[Fwd: Re: [Oberon] Re: CF-IDE adapter]

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Wed Nov 30 23:27:10 CET 2005

Josef,

js> here you find an "old" version of ATADisks for NO.

Many thanks.

js> This software was used for 3 years in
industrial equipments.

Partitions.Show detail ~ here still says "unsupported".
Disk: IDE1, GetSize: unsupported, removable, CHS: 1010*16*63, SAMSUNG CF/ATA, mntcnt=0

ATADisks.ShowDevices at startup gives this line in the Kernel.Log.
IDE1, 497MB, 1010*16*63, removable, SAMSUNG CF/ATA

This ACS adapter is marked "Do not insert or remove
the card with power applied".  Perhaps you have a
better adapater which allows the CF to be removable.
So the "removable" parameter might be the problem
here.

I've never used a CF before.  Can anyone tell me
whether it is usually insertable/removeable with
the power on?

Thanks         ... Peter E.

P.S.
In case anyone is interested: another adapter is
sold by http://www.shopaddonics.com/ .  It costs
a few dollars more than the ACS but has an eject
button comes with mounting hardware.  I spent too
much time making brackets.

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/