Re (2): [Oberon] Re: CF-IDE adapter

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Fri Dec 9 19:22:52 CET 2005

Josef,

Is "inner core" >=<? "kernel"

js> Partitions.UpdateBootFile replaces the inner core on your boot device.
dev#part may be Diskette0#0, IDE0#1 etc.

Thanks; yes the CF works after booting from
the hard disk and I've learned more about
how the system starts up.

js> For testing you can simply work with a diskette.

Partitions.UpdateBootFile Diskette0#0 temp.bin ~
worked and the machine started from that Oberon0
diskette.  Partitions.Show from the diskette did
not report the CF.

The hard disk has two copies of the ATADisks
executable.  There is SYS:ATADisks.Obj and
then there is the copy linked into the inner
core.  If the diskette is similar, Config.Disk
would appear to install the old ATADisks.Obj.
I need to fix that before Oberon0 can mount the
CF.

Attempting to mount the Oberon0 diskette
produces the message "A: OFSAosFiles: Bad
volume size".  I did not try to study it
further.

Regards,       ... Peter

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/