[Oberon] Re. USB

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sat Dec 17 15:03:22 CET 2005

Re. Subject: [Oberon] Bluebottle USB
Stauber  Sven Philipp wrote:
> The crazy fresh release dated 09.12.2005 includes the new version of the
> Bluebottle USB system software.
> User-visible advantages:
> - USB 2.0 support
> - Fixed critical bug in UHCI driver which broke many flash drives
> - Mass Storage Driver improved: support for multiple logical units (->
> Cardreader support), improved performance
> - On-demand USB class/device driver loading

Will this knowledge be available for NO ?

Perhaps usb is do-able ?
A strange 128MB/mp3 dongle works [after effort] with W98
 & linux/Mandrake9, but not yet with NO [Ver. 2001].

BTW a main fact causing focusing on FlashMem [for NO] is that
fd0 was not robust.    I see no good reason for brittle Backup.* !
While installing [again] V2.3.6 DOSbased, I noticed that
Backup.Directory  recovers from a trap, like in DOS.

Since I can see the fd0-wheel-mechanism I know that
N0 ver 2001 continues to spin after a trap !
Which needs a reboot - after the annoyance of packing all the
active-projects frames away.

I see no good reason why the fd0 could not recover and try again,
perhaps with a different diskette ?   I remember the justificaction
for having the LED on, once fd0 was mounted.   Does this
automaticaly spin the wheel ?

Ie. V. 2.3.6 was good, and later version[s] are bad ?
I'd patch my source accordingly, unless I've overlooked something
else.

== Chris Glur