[Oberon] Requesting sample good LNO: oberon.log

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Sat Jan 28 11:16:58 CET 2006

Am Samstag 28 Januar 2006 06:37 schrieb easlab at absamail.co.za:
> The LNO version ca. 1999 [previous millenium ?!] runs OK.
>
> But I don't succeed with lno020127.
>
> My oberon.log from ./install looks like: ---
> ...snip ...
> OFSDiskVolumes: Oberon0.Dsk#0
> OFSN2KFiles: Scanning Oberon0.Dsk#0... marking     2 files
> GetConfig: Archive=""
> OFS: 1 open files on Oberon0.Dsk#0
> OFS: 1 open files on .
> OFSLinuxFiles.FinalizeVol res=      0
> GetConfig: DDriver=DisplayLinuxX11
> Socket no.: 0000000A
> Protocol not supported by server
>
> Please execute 'xhost localhost'
> Received signal nr.  11 at signal handling level 1
> TRAP -14
> ...snip...
> Modules  PC = 10838
> OFS: 108 open files on RAM0
> OFSN2KFiles: Map saved on RAM
> Closing oberon.dsk
> Closing Oberon0.Dsk
> ===== end of oberon.log ===========
>
> I'm guessing that X-server is detecting incompatibility problems
> with the hardware display system ?

Either the X-server is protected from doing what LNO wants or there is
incompatiblity. Have you run 'xhost localhost' ?

> Perhaps I could fix it, if someone would post me an example of a
> succesfull oberon.log[s]; for install & run-oberon ?

The older version uses X via library calls while the newer one uses the
X-protocol directly. There seem to be some changes in the implementation of
the protocol. It even does not run well on my system any more while the
system still runs well in the framebuffer. What X-server do you use?

Peter