AW: [Oberon] Re: 2: Have we got email send authenticate ability ?

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Tue Feb 14 23:33:08 CET 2006

Chris & Daniel,

cg> Q- does anybody in the 1st world still use dialup ?

Yes.  At home and at the city apartment.

dk> We will not use PPP with old analog modems, but with gprs ...

I view the exclusion of analog modems as an unfortunate
design decision.  Imagine that you exclude 5% of potential users
because of lack of modem support.  Then exclude another 5%
for lack of printer support.  Then another 5% for failure with
a certain FTP server ... and so on.  The net effect is that by
relatively small economies in implementation you exclude
a large population of potential users.  Conversely, relatively
small investments in implementation can allow a significantly
larger audience.

Regards,           ... Peter E.

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/