[Oberon] Re: USB, bloat, LNO, SCSI/IDE & etc.

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Wed Mar 8 00:48:11 CET 2006

easlab at absamail.co.za wrote:
> Edgar  wrote:
> > www.edgar-schwarz.de moved to another ISP recently.
> > "http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/cgi-bin/moin/"
> > -> "http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/mm/"
> > The wiki data is in Limbo atm. Other things had a higher priority at moving.
> > All this is hard work :-) I installed vituals host now.
> > And when moving CGI scripts it took me 2 days to find out that Apache
> > suexec was refusing to execute my scripts.
> > After I found that suexec was the culprit I had the problem solved.
> > But until I found out that ... :-(
> That just confirms what I've been saying all along:
>   chasing the 'smartie-pants' Wintel driven bleeding edge is mostly
>   only good for spinning-wheels and going nowhere.
Not so. My problem was an Apache security feature I didn't know how it worked.
The other problem was that I used a configuration tool but edited configuration
files manually afterwards not fully understanding what the tool had done.
But finally Google came to the rescue :-) This was a "normal" software problem.
By chance appearing on Linux. Could also have happened on a Windoof Apache.

> Desktops.OpenDoc"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/mm/LinAosDevEnv"
> Got me a 'forms like' page [using N-O ver 2001].
> <late edit> I just had another look at the fetched page.
> It seems that you've [appropriately] only made a stubb-template,
>  for others to fill-in ?
> > This page does not exist yet. You can create a new empty page, or ...
> Using a well-tuned N-O system is so fast, that I've lost patience to
> investigate, if I don't see what I expected.
What you experienced was the standard way a Wiki works.
I didn't upload the data from the old Wiki to the new one yet.
You see, I also have a live beyond Oberon and sadly atm a lot of things on my agenda.
So you accessed a page which didn't exist. And what does a Wiki do in this case ?
It gives you the chance to create the page and fill it with contents using it's
markup language.
Concerning LNO or LinAOS you can be sure that this is something I won't forget in the
future.

Cheers, Edgar