[Oberon] BB "current" on laptop

Rene Krywult rene.krywult at aon.at
Thu Mar 9 22:29:40 CET 2006

I'm trying to install the "current" version on an old laptop. I don't
want to format the HDD, so I try to boot from DOS.

I took the original Aos.Par and only changed the boot partition and hdd
driver (AosIde).

I got the following result:

APM
noboot: [InitScreen] wrong format of [INit] environment.

The laptop has a NeoMagic MagicGraph 128N+ (800x600, High Color).

Now, as I've understood, in the Graphic Driver section, I should change
the value of the [Init]. Currently it's 115, IIRC. What does the number
say, and how do I know which numbers to try?

I can boot from the CD without any problems.
Thanks
Rene