AW: [Oberon] partitioning USB storage

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 30 18:09:28 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the report.

>"Device is not partitioned" was certainly false.
>Files had been stored on and retrieved from the
>Aos part.
Which Bluebottle release did you use? I've found the entry "AosPartitiosLib.Mod - fixed DeletePartition and CreatePartition" in the change log (24.01.2006). As far as I can remember, there was a bug that caused the "Device is not partitioned" message although the device was partitioned.

>Under "Erros" [sic] was reported "1".
This typo has been fixed in one of the last releases.

>From this I speculate that the partition table
>has provision for locks, that Debian fdisk
>closes the locks by default and that the Aos
>Partitioner declines to delete a locked
>partition.
There are no locks at the level of the partition table. This is likely the bug mentioned above. If not, it's another bug (let me know, please). To find out, whether it's a bug in the Partition Tool or not, I suggest using the command Partitions.Delete under Oberon or to boot from a BB release > 24.01.2006 and use a more recent Partition Tool. That really should work.

Cheers,
Sven