[Oberon] Native Oberon on sourceforge

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Fri Mar 31 20:46:02 CEST 2006

Op Friday 31 March 2006 20:09 schreef easlab at absamail.co.za:

 > Jan Verhoeven wrote:
 > > >  > > Since this is now a GPL project, I need the sources for
 >
 > Treutwein Bernhard wrote:
 > > Firing up an oprhaned 133 Pentium with NO ... just checking it
 > > .... there are the following tools:
 > >
 > > and there is: Oberon0Files.Text which aparently list everything
 > > what should go onto the installation diskette.
 >
 > I'm not experienced at working down at kernel level,

That makes two of us then!

 > but the real-guts on oberon0.dsk has to include a kernel and
 > a boot-loader [probably uncompressing].

My intention is to tear the Oberon0.dsk file away from Oberon systems. At
least THIS disk or file or image must be possible to be made by a cross
compiler running on a Windows, Mac or Linux platform. And the image may be
bigger than a 1.44 floppy image. Let's say, that the NO image must fit on
an 80 mm CD-ROM.

So we need:

 - Oberon0 compilers written in another language (preferably Modula-2 or
   Pascal) running on computers that do not run with the Oberon OS
 - all files that are now making up the Oberon0.dsk image
 - a general idea why these files are present
 - a general idea what new files are required for the current machines
 - some mechanism to create new Oberon0.dsk images
 - lots of nice and friendly programmers

As I told: I set up a separate mailinglist at Googlegroups. Anyone can send
messages to the list at:

	NativeOberon at googlegroups.com

but messages from non-members are moderated. You can become a member by
visiting http://groups.google.com/group/NativeOberon/ and then pressing
'Join'. Or you can send me an E-mail and I will force you into a
membership. In this latter case, you will not need to create a Google ID.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl