AW: [Oberon] Wake-on-LAN

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Sun Apr 9 20:25:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

>Has anybody done Wake-on-LAN with Bluebottle - any hints ?
Wake-on-LAN can be enabled in the BIOS setup. Since this basically just turns on your computer upon specific LAN activity, it should not be operation system depended (I did not try this, however). If you use an onboard network interface controller, it should be enough to just enable the Wake-on-LAN in BIOS. If you are using an add-on NIC (e.g. PCI), you'll need to connect your NIC to the system board using a special cable (not all NICs support WOL).

>Is there a way to enter a power-saving mode in Bluebottle ?
The power-saving facilities of the BIOS should work (and can be configured in BIOS setup).

Regards,
Sven Stauber

Has anybody done Wake-on-LAN with Bluebottle - any hints ?
Is there a way to enter a power-saving mode in Bluebottle ?
Greetings
Pat