Re (3): [Oberon] Native Oberon on sourceforge

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Apr 13 18:16:06 CEST 2006

Jan,

If you object to keeping this on the mailing
list please let me know.

> First get a system people can build at home.

Oberon0.Dsk and rawrite.exe are available.
Anyone can get these files and make the
installer diskette using a conventional
system on a PC at home.  MacOS and Linux
can also copy Oberon0.Dsk to a diskette.

> ... chicken and egg paradox we are in now.

The system can be installed from the
diskette.  The only cost is the effort.
How can this be a paradox?

> It's like having to buy a car for collecting
the parts for the new car you want to put together.

ETH does not charge for Oberon or Aos.  The
analogy is to be given a new Volkswagon and
a new BMW.  Salvaged parts from old Chevys
and Fords are readily available but replacing
engine, transmission & etc. in the new cars
with old Ford & Chevy parts would be unwise.

Regards,           ... Peter E.

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/