[Oberon] LinAos -> XenAos

Dan Parnete dan.parnete at fastwebnet.it
Fri Apr 21 16:40:54 CEST 2006

edgar at edgarschwarz.de ha scritto:

>Hi,
>while pondering a little bit about the task of creating a LinAos I got an idea.
>Seeing that nowadays Linux distributions start to come with Xen I wonder
>whether an AOS for Xen would be a solution for our problem to have Linux
>tools in parallel to AOS ?
>This could also run on this famous 100$ notebook then.
>And porting AOS to Xen could be of more academic interest than a Linux port.
>
>ETH, what do you think ?
>
>Cheers, Edgar
>

>--

I have take a look at vmware, qemu and xen. Xen is by far the best
solution, not only the fastest, but even the best concept. Simulating a
software PC is very exciting, but it performs so bad that we have to
wait another generation of PCs. Creating a Bluebottle Xen guest it looks
to me the best solution for Linux, and who said tomorrow it will not be
a Windows Xen host? Or even a Mac one?

Cheers,
Dan Parnete