[Oberon] Re. Mi-Fi Mp3 *.wav files not playable on OTHER players ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Tue Jul 18 15:01:56 CEST 2006

Hendrik Potgieter,     18 July 2006

Please forward this to Bernard Blom.

Bernard Blom wrote:-
> I just had a look at this question and I thing the answer would be to
> simply change the file extension to *.MP3. I had it both as .mp3 and
> ..wma and they both played 100%.

No. I examined the header bytes with a hex-viewer.
And as expected these files are not *.mp3.

They look like *.wav files, as the player/recorder has named them to be.
Of course they play properly on the Kallliba player.
But they fail on other *.wav players which I have.
I don't have a *.wma available, so I can't yet see what the headers
look like.

NB. if the Kalliba recirded speech files can't be palyed on other
players, then our archives are worthless, and can't be transmitted
to other parties.

> If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur 450-2105