[Oberon] Username which contains the "@"; was "Occasional data transfer between boxes ?"

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Aug 17 22:53:00 CEST 2006

Chris,

At Tue Aug  9 10:59:55 2005 you stated,
cg> ... allocated me a Username which contains the "@" char
which n-o has used as a token separator ...

The ISP I switched to recently, has the same requirement.
My new userid is peasthope<at>cablelan.net.  There is a
similar issue when you submit the password to the FTP
server to get Bluebottle.

Well this is now solved as suggested long ago by
Pieter Muller.  Just get pe.URI.Mod and pe.NetSystem.Mod,
compile them up and submit your userid and password with
the "troublesome" characters in escaped form.  Examples.
NetSystem.SetUser
	pop:peasthope%40cablelan.net:<password>@mail.cablelan.net
	ftp:download:peasthope%40gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca at bluebottle.ethz.ch
~
Then proceed as usual.

Simple changes in NetSystem.SetUser and NetSystem.Show
let this work.

Ideally, the ESC and UnESC proceedures might fit better in
Strings.   Hence, Strings.URIescape and Strings.URIunescape;
but as I understand, our add-on code is recommended to be
in add-on modules.

My Oberon page has been updated and includes the URI
escape topic.
Desktops.OpenDoc  "http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/oberon.html"
Several errors were corrected.  Please let me know of any
remaining defects you find.  Thanks.

Sorry for the long delay in completing this small project.

Regards,        ... Peter E.

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/