[Oberon] ETHoberon wiki
easlab at absamail.co.za
easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Nov 27 17:06:09 MET 2006
Re. N-O/BB unintended effects interfacing Win/Linux ?
crglur at gmail.com wrote:
> > We need the 'wiki-like-facility' to capture collaborated efforts !
> You should be able to use from Linux the wiki at
OK, this seems to have potential.
The fact that someone has 'looked at it' several months ago and
apparently abandoned it, confirms that the documentation is
The best documentation, introduces only the minumum facts
initially and in the right sequence.
Let's try an exercise:
construct a mimimal instruction document for using your 'moimoi' ?
I'll make the 1st draft and you will edit it ?
--------- instruction document 1st draft:-
1. fetch http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/mm/SwOberon
which you will be able to read and write-to.
2. Reading is as per normal web-pages: follow the blue hot-links.
3. For writing:
3.1 to write to an existing node/page....
3.2 to create a new node/page:
* Locate the node/page which you consider should be the parent
of your intended new node/page.
* ? go to 'edit mode' by <?see some prompt some where?>
* by entering a [WikiName] (ie a word which has other than the first
character in upper case, you will be creating the link to the new
page, named <WikiName>.
* ? go to the newly created page by <?see some prompt some where?>
* ? add contet to the newly created page by ... ?
* see <the appropriate prompt> to save the edit before exiting
* <the appropriate prompt> previewing before saving and exit.
* during the create/edit process, other users are locked out.
!! this last statement is an example of giving uneccessay info.
Avoiding giving extra info is as important [and as difficult] as avoiding
doing premature optimisation !!
--------- end of instruction document 1st draft --------
I'm now not at the box which *wrote* my first attempt.
But I kept what I wrote.
Here's the text that I pre-wrote and pasted, via linux:---
-> Tx authorisation is becoming essential
--> confirm the rfc[s] by telneting - manually
---> insert a minimum required test/confirm for Tx authorisation,
initially just 'hardwire' your ID & password,
for later refining to handle Base64 de/encoding and
also several differnt [ID & password]s.
Use modular design, so that other [than initial LOGIN] types of
Tx authorisation, csn be easily added later.
====== 27 Nov 2006 ========
--------- end of pasted text ------
>From what we can see .../mm/NativeOberon
gives back its own formatting; adding the chars "*", "o".
And importantly it looses the original line breaks.
Lets just have a few words explaining how to acheive line breaks,
(without diversions about XML and macros if possible).
== Chris Glur.
More information about the Oberon