[Oberon] OLPC - One Laptop Per Child

Douglas G. Danforth Danforth at GreenwoodFarm.com
Wed Dec 13 19:49:17 MET 2006

Aubrey,
It wasn't so much the machine that caught my attention but the goals
for the software.  At Stanford in the early '70's Seymour Papert
interacted with our group on Computer Assisted Instruction.
Papert is the creator of Logo and Turtle graphics.  Unfortunately
Dr. Papert is in a coma having been hit by a motor cycle while
crossing a street on the way to a conference in Hanoi.
Papert (I understand) has been associated with the OLPC
project at MIT.
-Doug Danforth