[Oberon] display of Toshiba Satellite 205CDS.

PETER EASTHOPE peasthope at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 26 01:35:04 MET 2008

Aubrey,

am> At the command line, run "debug"

Is that in DOS or Aos?  I learned to use objdump in Debian
and was able to duplicate your output.  Thanks!

Folk,

Config.DetectVesa reports that mode 00000105H
will work on the Toshiba 205CDS.  With the
machine lacking a floppy drive, the mode can
not be set by Config.Vesa in Oberon0 but the
config strings can be set in rebooting.
Display=Displays.
DDriver=DisplayLinear
DMode=00000105H
Init=
DWidth=
DHeight=
DDepth=

[Mode 105H implies width=1024, height=768, depth=8.]

I've made a poor photo of the resulting display.

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.yi.org/T205CDS.jpg

The system track is about half the width it
should be, although the text appears OK.

The appearance is the same if I use mode 117H
[width=1024, height=768, depth=16].

Before I plod further, does anyone recognize why
the track or display is shifted or the display
is scaled?

Andre, judging by www.oberon.ethz.ch/display.html,
earlier releases configured VESA by Init, DWidth,
& etc. whereas in Native 05.01.2003 the configuration
is simplified by using the DMode string.  So I wonder
whether some comments about this can be added to
display.html.  A comment about DDriver would also be
helpful.

Thanks,              ... Peter E.

 --
http://carnot.yi.org/