[Oberon] Re. adding a header field for outgoing messages.

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Thu Apr 10 13:01:40 MEST 2008

PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> I am interested to incorporate the In-Reply-To
> parameter of SMTP into the header of an
> outgoing message.
> [ "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail"
> under "3.2.1 Header" in case anyone is interested.
> IETF calls these parameters header fields.]
>
> Automatic insertion of In_Reply-To is not required.
> The parameter can be inserted when the body of the
> message is composed with an editor.  An
> optional In_Reply-To line should be able to
> follow the Subject line in the reply text which I
> compose up.
.. snip...

Similarly, after years of using Mail.Send , I had to
modify my setup when my ISP suddenly needed
M$-type [of course] sender-authentication !

I can't look at the source code now but as I recall:
* Send.Mod was badly structured compared to the older
TextMail.Mod, which was easier to modify/extend.
So I changed over to using TextMail.Mod [which I
renamed - for some reason?].
*  but TextMail.Send omits several of the fields, either
by design, or because I left them out to simplify my
modifications - initially which becomes semi-permanent!
* so now when I want to email, I have to enter some of
the field manually - not the send-authorisation, which
needs to do some crypto-calculations.  And I make use
of the EditKeys.* macro-facility, whereby I enter:e<insert>
which is replaced by :--------