[Oberon] A question on VMWare...

Alexander Hofmann alexander.hofmann at new-h.de
Wed Sep 24 15:33:36 MEST 2008

Alexander Hofmann schrieb:
> Thomas Frey schrieb:
>>> yesterday I tried to boot the latest crazy Bluebottle release on
>>> VMWare Fusion 2.0 on my MacBoo Pro with 2,2 GHz and 2048 MB RAM
>>> assigned to the virtual machine. It took very long to boot up, and
>>> when it finally had finished, after moving the mouse across the
>>> menu, I cool watch single pixels being drawn on the screen, one by
>>> one...
>>>
>>> Is there any special setting I should have set or any custom
>>> Init-String I can use to speed up graphics a bit?
>>

>> Try setting the VMWare machine to be optmized for Windows 98. This
>> used to be the fast setting for Bluebottle (did not test this on
>> VMWare Fusion 2.0)
>>
>> --Thomas
>> --

...and now I know why: I had set the number of virtual CPUs to 2 - when
doing so, VMWare with Bluebottle occupies all available CPU resources on
the Host machine - although the Inspector in Bluebottle reports an
average of 1.8 percent. It works grate when using only one virtual CPU
(Which is the default for Windows 98, I think...).