[Oberon] Oxford Oberon-2 Compiler and local procedures

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Thu Nov 27 12:25:19 MET 2008

It is there but can be easily overlooked. See Section 10. 'Procedure
Declarations'. In the Oberon-2 Report it states:

"Objects declared in the environment of the procedure are also visible in
those parts of the procedure ..."

In the Oberon-07 Report it states:

"... the objects declared in the environment of the procedure are also
visible in the procedure (with the exception of variables ..."

> With this restriction Martin's code, where the procedure B accesses
> the integer I, would not be valid.

Good point.

Chris.