[Oberon] languages and programming libraries and

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 25 17:53:02 MEST 2010

From: denis.spir at gmail.com (spir)
Date: Tue Jun 22 12:28:03 2010

From: Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Date: Thu Jun 24 21:55:55 2010
> probable that the library exists that will allow you to program
> a solution to whatever problem you are trying to solve.

>From chris at cfbsoftware.com  Wed Jun 23 02:37:13 2010
> The great advantage of local dynamic arrays is that they can be safely
> allocated on the stack. Thus no garbage collector or special treatment ...

Years ago, an instructor in a CpSc course here stressed the idea
of a formal language designed for a purpose rather than one
language for diverse purposes.  According to that approach, I'd
think of Denis using an interpreter for J or K for his project.
That would provide the array manipulation and interactivity
he described.  Of course this assumes implementation of the
language interpreter; not a small matter.

Regards,           ... Peter E.

--
Carnot is down, waiting for installation of NetBSD.
Personal site works;  http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/ .