[Oberon] Still can't boot

Frans-Pieter Vonck fp at vonck.nl
Sat Aug 7 22:26:35 MEST 2010

Hello Duke,

i do not know if rawrtie works under windows.I, thinkI tried it with
infrarecorder.
To encourage you - here is a small log that i made during my attempts to
use oberon a few years ago. In the end I could blink a led!
The log is in reverse order.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~vonck67

Greets,
F.P.

> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Frans-Pieter Vonck wrote:
>
>> Hello Duke,
>> are you shure your floppy disk is oke? I had similar problems and
discovered that my oberon-0 disk was corrupt.
>> I too have two redundant machines with native oberon on it.
>
> Hey! Frans-Pieter...
>
> I sure can try making a new floppy! The one that I'm using was created
from my Linux box using:

> `dd bs=512 if=oberon0.dsk of=/dev/fd0'
>
> Not problems were reported!
>
> I can try using DOS `rawrite'! Do you think that it would make a
difference? I've never had a problem "booting" the Oberon installation
diskette, or any evidence of corrupt data. But maybe my problem _is_ the
evidence?

> Thanks for your thoughts!
>
> Best...
> --