[Oberon] System.CopyFiles - between partitions

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Mon Aug 16 14:58:37 MEST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Chris Glur wrote:

> > However, I can't seem to get:
> >
> > System.CopyFiles ....
> >
> > to work - no way; no how!
>
> I doesn't suit me now to boot-up the N-O box to test,
> but AFAIK I had to use the '*OFS*.Tool' to copy files between
> partitions.

OK... I'll try _that_

> clux = MM/MR

Just curious - "clux" is an abbreviation for what? I realize that is
_means_ to use MM/MR together.

> clux on <partition>:<fileName> opened the frame,
>  as a Text or Document, depending on whether the clux was from
>  a Text or Document.

What's the diff between Text and Document in NO?

> Editing the <nameTag> may have been able to Store to a new partition?

Yes...

> Editing the <nameTag>  of Documnent-types is problematic;
>  you need[ed] to <enter> or <F9> to "terminate/accept" the alteration?

Once I know what a Document is, I'll understand your point. ;)

> BTW ETHO works completely by reflex for me now.
> I had to do-it and observe what my fingers automatically did
>  to write what the 'clux' was.

You bet! If you do something long enough, normally you get fairly good
at it. That fact doesn't say _anything_ about how intuitive what you
have learned over the years really is. Something "super-intuitive" can
be learned in a moment - for most people - would you not agree?

Thanks again for the tips!
--
Duke