Re (2): Ethernet card support & file copying; was Re (7): [Oberon] OFS aliases not being initialized

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 16 18:20:31 MEST 2010

> The NIC is built into the MoBo. It's PCI

That doesn't preclude the NetNe2000 as far as I can
tell.  NetNe2000.Mod suggests it supports some PCI
cards.  Have a look.  Check documentation for the
RTL8139.  Try the driver.  But 3Com cards are good.
Certainly worth $10!

> In Linux, I mount the FAT partition, and move stuff in
> there that I want to use in Oberon.

An FTP server on the Linux system and Ethernet to
ETHNO would be a huge improvement.

> I cannot mount the Oberon
> partition directly from Linux - not that I know of anyway.

Definitely.  Yes, FAT is the least common denominator.

TTFN,        ... P.

--
VoIP 7785886232 is being cancelled.  Please use 13604502132.
Sparcstation 2 netboots netbsd; SCSI disks are being arranged.