[Oberon] Re: A2 won't mount: AosFS, NatFS, FatFS

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Aug 23 05:31:26 MEST 2010

> From:	Chris Glur <easlab at absamail.co.za>
> Date:	Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:10:40 -0600 (MDT)
> > Except that I suspect that the Oberon.Text is only
> > read once at boot.
>
> My understanding is that most of Oberon.Text is used
> only at startup; but at least the DIAL scripts are
> read on demand later.  You can make a modem connection,
> terminate it, change the DIAL script and invoke it
> for the next connection, without rebooting.  Still,
> ETHNO reboots faster than most other systems.

Yes but do you see the extra complexity of N-O running
under A2: when you `quit` oberon, back to A2, you don't
lose the newly edited RAM:Oberon.Text which you can
still see when you restart Oberon, in A2.
And also if you dir-list Oberon.Text*, RAM:Oberon.Text
lists first, which suggests that N-O running under A2,
now sees the RAM:Oberon.Text as Oberon.Text .
But putting some 'trace' in RAM:Oberon.Text would
confirm that the new RAM:Oberon.Text was being used.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.