[Oberon] A few "Oberon.Desk" questions

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 25 17:41:10 MEST 2010

From:	Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>
Date:	Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:24:00 -0600 (MDT)
> Q1: At the moment, my NO boots with System.Log and System.Tool. I
> manually "activate" Oberon.Desk, then Builder.Tool to practice hacking
> Oberon code. I need System.Log while in Oberon.Desk. How do I get that
> to happen?

This works interactively.  Certainly there are other ways.

In the filename field in the SYS:Documents.Panel, type
*.Log.  MM on [Show].  A list of 6 or so names should appear.
MR on System.Log to select it.  MM on [Open ^].  System.Log
should open.  MM on [Open] doesn't work.

> Q2: Oberon.Desk opens with Gadgets.Panel and Document.Panel. Where do
> I tell Oberon.Desk to automagically open other panels?

Never tried it.  Would have to study and work at it.
Googling "site:oberon.ethz.ch  gadgets",
"site:oberon.ethz.ch  Oberon.Desk System.Log" and etc.
should find some ideas.  The "Oberon System 3 - Main Tutorial"
might have something relevant.

If you are really stumped ask again.

Regards,          ... Peter E.

--
VoIP 7785886232 is being cancelled.  Please use 13604502132.
Sparcstation 2 netboots netbsd; SCSI disks are being arranged.