[Oberon] Re. A2: Eject media

Chris Glur easlab at absamail.co.za
Sat Aug 28 05:34:00 MEST 2010

Sven wrote:
> In A2, you can use the command Partitions.Eject dev ~
> to send an eject command to a storage device.

The week-end, inet-access-PC here, doesn't display
CD-based A2, after the initial DOS-based <loading Oberon>
mesg.  I'm guessing the video is incompatible.

The during-week-PC  20 Km away, IIRC showed [under
Inspect -> USB] the USBmouse & the fake USB CDROM,
as "Port1: Port2:".
I don't know how to 'associate' "Port1: Port2:" with
a <dev> ?!
Also under linux I don't know the corrersponding /dev/*
for "USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 5"
eg. when I log the following test results:---
-> move USB connector ==
Code: 8b 40 24 8b 40 04 85 c0 74 14 ff 40 10 8b 06 8b 40 10 8b 40
 <6>usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:07.2-1 address 3  <--- FROM
hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-1, assigned address 4
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 4
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:07.2-1 address 4
hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 5  <-- TO
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 5
------------------------------------
AND
 CD-A2 won't mount any IDE, and
 after I install CD-A2 to a partition, my diskette-booter
  from years of N-O usage, shows blank-screen, when I try
  to boot the assumed installed A2, and blank-screen for the
  previously tested ETHN-O partition too.
Apparently the video setting is incompatible with the
'installation' but not with the CD version.

I move my main IDE between the 2 PCs.

Also very strange is that, the PC that runs ETHlinuxOberon
with a PS2 mouse, needs a USB mouse for A2.

Of course you'd have to `mount <dev>` before you could
<eject dev>, but CD-A2 won't mount ANYTHING ?!

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.