[Oberon] selecting all text in a viewer

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Mon Aug 30 06:46:26 MEST 2010

According to Reiser's book you are supposed to be able to make a large
selection as follows:

1. Open a second viewer using System.Copy.

2. Scroll the second viewer so the end of the part you want to select is in
view.

(Interclick ML with MM in the scrollbar to scroll to the end of the
document)

3. Select the beginning of your selection in the first viewer. Just
selecting one character is sufficient.

(Interclick MR with MM in the scrollbar to scroll to the beginning of the
document)

4. Select the end of your selection in the second viewer. Again, just
selecting one character is sufficient.

(Only the beginning and end are shown in reverse video but the whole area
between them is actually selected.)

5. Perform whatever action you need to do on the whole selection.

I recall having done this successfully done this on an Oberon system a long
time ago. However, I just tried it on the ETH Oberon Plugin for Windows and
can't get it to work :-(

Maybe you will have better luck on ETHNO.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.cfbsoftware.com