[Oberon] Address Book for Multimail, etc

dukeofperl at ml1.net dukeofperl at ml1.net
Mon Sep 27 03:57:05 MEST 2010

> From: peasthope at shaw.ca
> Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:57:01 -0700
>
> From:	dukeofperl at ml1.net
> Date:	Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:39:17 -0600
> > Is there an address book for use with "Mail" utilities? TIA...
>
> MultiMail.Panel works; I use Mail.Panel almost exclusively.

I've tried it. Not bad...

> Here is a sketch; efficient but very different from MS and
> Linux.  I hope it makes sense.
>
> My address book is just my personalized System.Tool.  Just

I wont pretend to being able to totally visualize your "address book"
system, but it seems you are saying that basically you have to
manually search some file, then copy and paste some email address. I
that correct?

[snip]

> A regular expression processor, RX or Gerard Meunier's Regul, is
> ideal for extracting a list from this text.
> Extract all bcc addresses: RX.Grep * "bcc:".
> Extract all SIP addresses: RX.Grep * "|sip:".

That's a bit better. I bet a person could hack some sort of "alias"
expansion thing with that tool - if a person wanted to bother. :)
--
Duke