[Oberon] another fault involving SMTP?

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 17 21:33:24 MEST 2010

Folk,

Imagine I send a message to these addresses.
  to: cougar at mountains.org
  bcc: goat at mountains.org
In MacOS both recipients see both addresses in the header.
In MS-Win each recipient sees only his or her address.

According to my very limited understanding of SMTP, this
is a fault of the SMTP server.  A bcc: recipient should
receive only his/her own address.  A to: or cc: recipient
should not receive bcc: addresses.  Whether or not a
receiving system shows bcc: addresses is a secondary
argument.  Can anyone confirm this or correct my misunderstanding?

As an additional test this message is addressed
  To: oberon at lists.inf.ethz.ch
  bcc: eagle at mountains.org
If the Shaw SMTP server transmits it, I'm curious to
know whether the eagle at mountains.org is in the header.

Thanks for any help,       ... Peter E.
--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  7785886232 is gone.
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old