Re (2): [Oberon] another fault involving SMTP?

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 17 23:12:47 MEST 2010

From:	Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>
Date:	Sun, 17 Oct 2010 14:32:37 -0600 (MDT)
> I'm replying using Al(pine). No bcc showed up in the headers - as
> should be. Only the sender and recipient of the bcc should be aware of
> its existence. Didn't see it using emacs/RMAIL either. HTH

Thanks Duke.  That's what I expected.  A Google of
"site:ietf.org smtp bcc" leads to these excerpts.

RFC 822: 'Some  systems may choose to include the text of the "Bcc"
  field ... in the text sent to all those indicated in the "Bcc" list.'

"http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hansen-pop3-xtndext-00"
"Bcc:  headers  SHOULD  be   removed   from   the
       transmitted  email  message  going to the To: and Cc:
       recipients.  The Bcc: header MAY be removed from  the
       transmitted  email message going to a Bcc: recipient;
       recipients MUST NOT see a Bcc: header listing  anyone
       except possibly that recipient."

Seems that the SMTP server could be in accord with the old RFC 822,
... which strikes me as wrong headed.  A later RFC could have a better
clarification than Hansen.

Regards,                ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  7785886232 is gone.
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old