[Oberon] Oberon Digest, Vol 82, Issue 3

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Wed Nov 24 17:49:08 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, scruty at users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> > At the moment, I would love Oberon-2 better, if I could figure out how
> > to access the CGI environment variables. :D
>
> took my one gurgel-click :)
>
> in O2 it should work the way it works in M2.
> See tutorial example for several M2 compilers here:
> http://freepages.modula2.org/m2cgi.html
> The main example is for xds which as you know is m2^o2 or rather o2^m2 :)
> So why shouldn't work in O2?

I have XDS on my system, but have yet to use. Last time I read the XDS
docs, I seem to recall that I might be able to IMPORT an XDS M2
procedure from an O2 module. I'll have to check it out.

I'm almost sure that the OBC compiler does not ship with a "getenv"
procedure, nor does it understand STDIN or STDOUT. :( I still need to
check out the "oo2c" compiler.

> p.s.: have you seen how small the source of NWs O07 compiler is?
> simplicity - by design! :)

Isn't O7 strictly for the ARM?
--
Duke