[Oberon] dawn simulator alarm

Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net Aubrey.McIntosh at Alumni.UTexas.Net
Mon Nov 29 17:40:10 CET 2010

I wrote a prototype for a dawn simulator alarm.  This is a screen
saver that draws the screen in black until the start time, then
increases the brightness to (255, 255, 127) over a half hour.  It is
only minimally changed from one of the Obx examples.

It has a pretty simple model; current brightness, max brightness,
start time.  So I can have documents with names such as
Dawn_5_30AM_Sunny.odc or Dawn_7AM_Cloudy.odc.

I did run it this morning.  I woke up about 20 minutes into the
brightening with a gentle yellow glow in the room, and felt peacefully
awake.  I have no clue if this is from the dawn alarm's action or
hopeful anticipation.

I would like to have the entire screen be totally black when the
brightness is 0.  At the moment, there are various windows toolbars,
the Viewer or Dialog frame, and such that emit light and thus thwart a
good sleeping environment.

Does anyone have code to draw a totally black screen under Blackbox control?

Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle
Austin TX 78723-1814
http://home.grandecom.net/~amcintosh/aubrey/Search/