[Oberon] Modula2 vs Oberon IMPORT

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Sat Jan 8 19:55:44 CET 2011

On Saturday 08 January 2011 19:46:40 Bob Walkden wrote:
> > I might as well cut-n-paste the code into the "main" module, and
> > re-use the code that way.
>
> That would be a bad idea (or possibly a good idea if you wanted [etc]

My answers to this topic were for an Oberon or Modula-2 compiler in a
multi user multi tasking OS.
Other people  have been giving answers for an Oberon OS based Oberon
compiler...

So, if people disagree with me, keep in mind that I only use Modula-2
and Oberon compilers for Linux.

On an Oberon OS system, which is single user by nature, things are
different from multi user systems.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven