[Oberon] DOSbased for Win7?

easlab-absa easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Apr 11 05:05:32 CEST 2011

Alexander Iljin wrote:
>   The latest version I got from Emil Zeller:
>   https://github.com/AlexIljin/WinOberon/zipball/v2.6exp

Thanks, being in darkening Africa, I've got slow/expensive
inet. So I always first check the file-size before d/l, and
I don't like 'https'.  Curl doesn't show the size of *v2.6exp.

Besides the ETHO-DOSbased Win7 error:
"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
This system does not support full screen mode"
might also apply to WinOberon,
and ETHO-DOSbased has served me for years,
and I don't want to get sucked into the Windows narcosis,
if I can help it.

If the problem is due to the Netbooks non-standard
screen aspect-ratio this may also apply to WinOberon.

== Chris Glur.

PS. I can't see how to boot this thing to DOS!
Perhaps if I setup a USBstick, I could boot to DOS, and
the proven DOSbased ETHO would run?