[Oberon] Viability of A2 & ARM?

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Thu Jan 26 21:02:15 CET 2012

My gripe with ETHZ is they lack 'marketing' to promote
Oberon based system.  Yes, they are a university but then so is Stanford.
But look at then number of spin-offs that Stanford has generated
(e.g. SUN, Google, ...)

I have not looked at A2 for many years so please correct me but doesn't
it use the Oberon extension where every object is its own process?
(Can't remember the name and I am too lazy to go and look it up)

So, yes, I also wonder why (if Oberon simplicity is so good) Oberon
based systems have been passed up by large companies.

-Doug Danforth