[Oberon] Help in using an Oberon systems.

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Wed Dec 12 19:54:21 CET 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 22:06:53 +0530
Srinivas Nayak <sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am a Linux user. I am new to Oberon systems.
> I tried running one Oberon system in Virtual Box, though slow, it
> started. Now the big question is, I am hopeless in the UI.
>
> I found from net that, there used to be a book detailing user
> manual. Now it is not available. How to know how to use this OS
> (at least for me like novice)?
> Do any body have a e copy of that material, or any sources of
> similar user manual saying how to use this OS?
>
> I am not able to find the root directory or file system.
> How do we run applications?
>
> Or shall it be better to start with an Oberon system that has
> simpler interface?
>
> Please guide me the best way to learn using this OS.

I would strongly suggest that you change your mind and walk away
from Oberon!! It is a complete waste of time, IMHO.

Invest your time with something like:

https://www.haiku-os.org/

There, your skills will be put to good use on an active
and Open Source Project!!

BTW, it seems that before a person is able to productively use the
Oberon OS, on top of Linux, you need to know what LEO is, AND how
to use it!!!!  But there is nobody willing to divulge THAT secret,
here.  So you will frustrated until the day you walk away. Better
do it now!!!   LOL ....

--
Duke