[Oberon] Help in using an Oberon systems.

Bob Walkden bob at web-options.com
Wed Dec 12 21:14:49 CET 2012

The book which tells you about the basic Oberon system and how to use it is
"The Oberon System: User Guide and Programmer's Manual " by Martin Reiser.
This is what I used when I first started, at about the time the book was
published.

Programming is described in "Programming in Oberon: Steps Beyond Pascal and
Modula" by Reiser and Niklaus Wirth, who designed and wrote the system with
Prof. Gutknecht.

You can find used copies at a reasonable price on Amazon, and there are
electronic copies available.

Oberon is a very elegant and beautiful system, and if you make a fairly
small effort to understand the principles which underlie it then I think it
will change forever the way you think about systems.