[Oberon] Current Oberon System

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Mon Dec 17 20:06:49 CET 2012

On Monday 17 December 2012 13:31:26 Chris Burrows wrote:

> Oberon programs on systems with as little as a total of 8K of RAM for
> data and 32K of Flash ROM for storing their programs. However, these
> are the sorts of application areas where Oberon really excels.

An ARM Cortex system cannot be compared to what Les is talking about....
I think Les means systems on the scale of PIC and AVR processors. Really
small processors, not CISC processors marketed under a RISC flag.

> As you can see the actual code size is only 192 *BYTES*

For blinking a LED that is HUGE. In a PIC that would require something
like 10 to 15 (10 bit) code words

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven