[Oberon] A2 on VirtualBox

Jack Johnson knapjack at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:20:51 CET 2012

On Dec 19, 2012 10:41 PM, <Aubrey.McIntosh at alumni.utexas.net> wrote:
> When I defeat that ASSERT, the IPv4 network operates.  The IPv6 network
installs addresses, and other ipv6 machines on the same local link show the
A2 machine as a neighbor, so some correct packets are leaving the A2 box,
but I don't make any progress beyond that point.  I am able to Ping.Ping
the A2 box on itself by 2 different v6 addresses.

> test1f.link.vima.austin.tx.us  does respond (local address)
> a2.vima.austin.tx.us  does respond (global address)
> localhost.vima.austin.tx.us  fails to respond (::1)

It has been a long time, but I seem to recall that unlike most other OSes
the local loopback interfaces aren't created by default. It should be easy
to check.

-Jack