[Oberon] Oberon Digest, Vol 104, Issue 18

Guenter Dotzel gd at modulaware.com
Fri Dec 21 12:55:53 CET 2012

Soren Renner even included Crelier's dissertation (fine grained symbol files aka fingerprinting aka object model):

http://code.google.com/p/ethz-oberon-repository-mirror/source/browse/trunk/source/FoxFingerPrinter.Mod )

N. Wirth happily accepted Crelier's work and made positive comments
about but I guess her would himself never include such a feature in his own compiler.
fingerprinting is very useful, but a little more complex than necessary.

does he also support Josef Templ's metaprogramming?

here are the references to both dissertations mentioned:
http://modulaware.com/mwofea.htm

***

> Who cares to what it compiles on a modern 0cto core 3 GHz computer? As
> long as it stomps out executables.

I care!
3GHz we had 10 years ago - and how can more than one core help in most cases?