[Oberon] Hoare's original partition algorithm.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Thu Feb 14 21:31:13 CET 2013

Why am I not surprised? I would not recommend the use of C as a language to
help describe the behaviour of algorithms.

There is a thorough analysis of Quicksort (and other sorting algorithms)
using Oberon as the language to describe it in section 2.3.3 "Partition
Sort" in Wirth's classic book "Algorithms and Data Structures"

  http://www.ethoberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/AD.pdf

There are earlier printed editions of the book that cover the same subjects
using first Pascal, and then Modula-2, as the programming language.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.cfbsoftware.com