[Oberon] Qemu image for Native Oberon

Simon Forman forman.simon at gmail.com
Wed May 1 22:30:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

I just wanted to mention that I got Native Oberon to run using Qemu.
The only issue I had was that I couldn't figure out (yet!) how to get
a proper MBR on the virtual disk image but I created a boot floppy
during the install from Oberon-0 and that works fine.

Here is a link to a tarball I've posted to my google drive account
containing the boot floppy image and the o.disk Oberon HD image with
Gadgets and the source code installed:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9GjJQLWAdrpbmI2Rkc4MnhjekU/edit?usp=sharing

I can't tell you how happy I was to see that fine old UI again.
Oberon is truly a masterpiece of design and execution.

Warm regards,
~Simon
--

"The history of mankind for the last four centuries is rather like that of
an imprisoned sleeper, stirring clumsily and uneasily while the prison that