[Oberon] Experiment with FatFS usage.

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 17 17:25:03 CEST 2013

This is a brief report of one of my experiments in case
anyone is interesed.

I have 1248 files in an AosFS partition in a CF card.
A partition in another CF card was formatted with this command
in Debian Linux.
mkfs.vfat -F 32 -n Work -v /dev/sdd2
Although the parameter requested FAT32, mkdosfs produced a FAT16 filesystem.

My 1248 files were sent to the Linux system and there copied to the
FAT partition on the CF card.

This command was put in SYS:Oberon.Text to have the working partition
mounted automatically and the system was rebooted with the FatFS card
installed.
FileSystem.Mount MY  FatFS IDE1#2 ~

Then two Texts were opened and an attempt was made to copy
three lines from one Text to the other.  A photo of the
resulting screen is visible here.
http://carnot.yi.org/FatFSscreenshot.jpg

The picture illustrates that when MR+MM was applied to
copy the three lines,
"2013-07-17 Wednesday;

pe.ebay.nc 5:42-"
the target text received these four lines.
"2013-07-17 Wednesday;

pe.ebay.nc 5:42-
2013-07-17 Wednesday;"
The first line was duplicated after the last and the word "Wednesday"
was cast in fresh "look".

No doubt the explanation is simple enough but for now it eludes me.
As always, ideas are welcome.

Regards,                 ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +13606390202  Bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca  http://carnot.yi.org/