[Oberon] Porting FPGA Oberon to new boards.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 04:18:17 CET 2014

Dear All,

Collected few points from our last discussions, that we should look at when we
think of porting FPGA Oberon to a new board.

- Verilog tool chain support needed.
- Need to check native clock speed of board and clock divider code.
- New mapping of names and location of the pins, if needed.
- Small and simple do-it-yourself-daughter boards, for SD-card hard disk, mouse,
wireless modules, needed if not found in-built on board.
- Minimum 1MByte (2x256Kx16) of extremely fast (10ns) old fashioned static RAM;
memory interfacing trouble should be minimum.
- USB programability.
- Cheaper.

I am a novice. If missing anything, please add.
Do we have any boards having all this?

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak