[Oberon] FPGA Oberon some news and a reply to F.P.

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Thu Mar 6 00:40:55 CET 2014

Jan

* JUMP is a conditional branch instruction where the condition is "always". The mnemonic is simply "B" with an offset.
* CALL is a branch "always" where additionally the PC is stored in register 15 as link back. The mnemonic is called "BL" (branch and link) with an offset.
* RETURN is a branch "always" where the destination address is taken from (link) register 15. the mnemonic is "B R15".

BTW: "MOV 1, 2" is syntactically not used. We would write "MOV R1 R0 2". ("would" as nobody every writes code with these RISC instructions, remember only the Oberon compiler generates these instructions)    Due to the regularity of the RISC instruction set, all register instructions use TWO registers. As MOV only needs ONE, the second (unused) register is filled with 0 and hence called "R0".

br, Jörg