[Oberon] FPGA Oberon some news and a reply to F.P.

Claudio Nieder private at claudio.ch
Sat Mar 15 19:57:22 CET 2014

Hi,

> I haven't seen CPU data-sheets for a few decades, but even with the
> greatly increase compexity, I doubt that they've replaced the symbolic
> explanation with "poetry'.

Nope they haven't. The datasheets just grew bigger but have the same old mnemonics just they now use longer ones, up to 16 characters. Have a look at the 3355 pages of

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/manuals/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-manual-325462.pdf

Seeing that I sort of can understand why Wirth prefers to create his own processor instead of writing a compiler for an existing one :-)

claudio
--
Claudio Nieder, Talweg 6, CH-8610 Uster, Tel +4179 357 6743, www.claudio.ch